- The painting surface should be dry, clean, free from any other impurities. Metal surface should be treated in accordance with ISO 8504.
- For surface of new untreated steel: Grade of cleanliness is Sa 2.5 (ISO 8501-1: 1998). Mechanical cleaning up to the minimum standard of St2 (ISO 8501-1: 1998) may be acceptable depending on the intended use.
- For temporary primer-coated steel surfaces: The appropriate temporary primer coat surfaces should be clean, dry, free from contamination and free of any foreign matter, such as oil and grease.
- For surface had old painting layer: The appropriate primer must be dry, clean and free from decomposition.
• SP®FIRESHIELD - FS1 paint coating should be applied directly onto the steel surface or the anti-rusted primer therefore to ensure adhesion as well as properties of flame resistance paint, metal surfaces need to be coated with anti-rusted primer as recommended by the SP paint manufacturer.
• Please contact the supplier for advice.
- The working surface temperature must be at least 100C and 50C above the dew point of the air. Working environment moisture ≤ 95%.
- The construction area must be well ventilated.
- Drying time depends on temperature, humidity, ventilation level of construction environment. High temperature and good ventilation helps to dry faster.
- Stir well before applying. Only mix up to 5-10% SP®THINNER 500 if necessary.
- Can use spray gun, brush or roller.
- Use the right ratio and type of solvent recommended by the supplier.
- When applying spray gun, use airless spray gun with high spray pressure, from 3000 - 7000 psi. Equipment after construction must be washed with a suitable solvent.
72 ± 5 %
0.5 kg/m2/ 250µm (depending on surface condition)
1.25 ± 0.05 g/ml
Touchable dry 30 minutes
Hard dry 24h
|Time coating layer (23°C):||
Minimum after 1h